Prairie Rose Veterinary Services provides ambulatory services for complete cattle care. A complete animal health program is the backbone of a profitable and sustainable cow-calf business. At Prairie Rose Veterinary Services we offer cow-calf producers high quality services, advice and tools particular to each producers needs:
- Pregnancy diagnosis using palpation and ultrasound. We are equipped with a mobile Ibex Lite ultrasound machine. Benefits include early pregnancy detection, assess fetal health and it is usually faster and works in a variety of different chute setups. Pregnancy checking is a good time to strengthen the veterinary-client-patient relationship as it is a convenient time to have a herd health review and have an opportunity to have a good look at the cows as they come through the chute.
- Obstetrical issues such as dystocia, c-sections and vaginal/uterine prolapse
- Bull breeding soundness evaluation along with testing for Campylobacter fetus venerealis (Vibrio)and Tritrichomonas foetus (Trich). Semen testing is another good time to strengthen the veterinary-client-patient relationship as it is a convenient time to have a herd health review and have an opportunity to have a good look at the bulls as they come through the chute.
- Herd health programs and preventative medicine. This includes vaccination, parasite control, preventative treatment and growth promotant programs. Along with working with your nutritionists.
- Neonatal calf care such as broken legs, umbilical hernia repair, navel ill, scours management and treatment.
- Animal welfare consulting
- Alberta Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy (BSE) Surveillance Program: Alberta Agriculture Link
Prairie Rose Veterinary Services provides ambulatory services for minor horse care. Referral, if required will be offered for in depth diagnostics, treatments and surgical services.
- Basic Equine Reproduction including pregnancy diagnostics using palpation and ultrasound, limited AI procedures, caslicks procedure, basic foaling assistance and neonatal foal care.
- Basic lameness exams with nerve blocks and radiographs.
- Preventative and Therapeutic Medicine: Vaccination and parasite control programs. Physical Exam and treatment of the major body system disorders such as colic management.
- Minor surgical procedures: Castration, umbilical hernia repair, laceration repair and wound management and other minor surgical procedures such as eye enucleation and lumpectomy.
- Equine Veterinary Specialist Referral. Equine cases that require care above what we are able to provide here at Prairie Rose Veterinary Services will be referred to an appropriate specialist.